Canada insurance policies
Start saving today!
• Spend a few minutes and you could save hundreds of dollars • Compare your rate against 30 companies for FREE • Take control of your insurance costs today
Network marketers.com helps drivers across Canada get car insurance quotes from competing insurers to save time and money – instantly and for free. Unlike our competitors, Network Marketers.com does not sell insurance, is not a licensed broker or agent, and is not owned in whole or in part by an insurance company, agent or brokerage. This allows us to be unbiased when providing insurance quotes and keeps our focus on finding lower insurance rates for our visitors.
No need to shop around for quotes - That's OUR job!
Get a Quote in under 5 Minutes
Car Insurance In Canada: Things You Should Know
Shopping for Car Insurance Quotes
The rates charged by different car insurance companies to insure the same car and driver can vary by hundreds and even thousands of dollars, so it pays to shop around. The key is to find the insurance company that has the lowest rate available, but with so many car insurance companies, calling around to get comparative quotes can be hard work and very time consuming. This is where getting instant online car insurance quotes which compare the rates from a broad spectrum of the available insurance companies can help.
Auto Insurance in Canada
The law requires all licensed drivers to have auto insurance. But the rates drivers are charged depend many variables, which are assessed independently by each insurance company. Auto insurance companies look at your driving portfolio:
- The make and model of your car
- the number of tickets and accidents on your record, etc.
They use that information to assess the risk of you making a claim in the future which then determines your rates.
The law is different in different provinces - In British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan, auto insurance is administered by the government. In Ontario, Alberta, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland all auto insurance is administered by the private sector. In Quebec The government covers against injuries to people, and private insurers covers property damage.
Car insurance is distributed through different licensed insurance professionals. They are:
- Insurance Brokers – Provide independent and expert advice, advocacy and support to consumers with respect to their car insurance needs and typically work with, and sell policies for, a number of different insurance companies.
- Insurance Agents – Provide expert advice, advocacy and support to consumers with respect to their car insurance needs and work with, and sell policies for, one insurance company.
- Direct Writers (Direct Response Insurers) – Provide expert advice, selling and servicing property and casualty insurance products, including auto insurance, in Canada through direct response marketing and distribution for one insurance company.
Why Have Auto Insurance?
As with all types of insurance, auto insurance exists to protect consumers against future losses. By pooling the risks of individual consumers and charging each a small premium, insurance companies ensure that there are sufficient funds available to pay the claims made against those risks. The types of things typically covered under a standard auto insurance policy in Canada include:
- Third-Party Liability. This coverage protects you in the event of an accident causing loss or damage to another person when you are at fault.
- Accident Benefits. This coverage offers benefits to protect you if you are injured in an accident regardless of who caused the accident.
- Uninsured Automobile Coverage. This coverage protects you in the event of death or injury caused by an uninsured motorist or by a hit-and-run.
In addition, optional coverage that is available on most car insurance policies include:
- Loss or Damage Coverage. This would include: All Perils, Collision, Comprehensive and Specified Perils. You can purchase a combination of these to protect you against loss of or damage to your automobile caused by collision, fire, theft, and a variety of other unpredictable risks.
When you receive your online quote you will be connected with a licensed car insurance broker or agent in Canada who will walk through the quote with you and answer any additional questions that you may have
Compare car insurance price quotes from the most trusted insurance providers in your locality
Keep more of your money where it belongs: In your pocket